Equity Diversity & Inclusion: The ACGME Mandate and Hopeful Solutions
Everyone deserves to live a long life in good health. In order to achieve this goal, we need to decrease the burden that minoritized populations have with health care disparities. In order to do this we need to have more a more diversified medicine workforce which can lead to better health equity. Inclusion is the tool by which we create better workforce diversity in Medicine.
After viewing this lecture, participants should be able to:
1. Acknowledge the historical background of racial and social inequities in the US
2. Understand that inequities have led to health disparities for minoritized populations
3. Determine how improving workforce diversity can mitigate health disparities
4. Recognize the ACGME’s requirements to achieve equity, diversity and inclusion in GME
5. Analyze solutions to accomplish a more diverse workforce for a healthier learning environment and put them to work intentionally to sustain them
Byron D. Joyner, MD, MPA
Vice Dean for GME & DIO
University of Washington School Of Medicine
Disclaimer: This content including advice provides generic information only. It is in no way a substitute for a qualified medical opinion. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information.
Far left extremist Russian funded misinformation.
Two likes? Total b.s. article that's why.